Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Half way through week 7

Week 7 has been different and harder than others. I am proud of myself and the fact I have yet to miss a run! That's huge for me because I can talk myself out of things pretty easily. But for this new adventure I am really really trying, because I want to succeed so badly!!

Monday's run was tough after running 7 miles on Sunday and then a 3+ car ride on the way home. Monday's seem to be my roughest days. It was a 4 mile run and I went to the RT at dawn. I went on a portion of the RT I don't usually run. I was scared out of my mind by a rabbit. Yeah I screamed...loudly. Oh and a cat I thought was a skunk, also scared me!

I ran the RT and then down a dirt road and then turned and ran back. I feel a little more adventurous since seeing what I can do in Mackinaw. I am also trying to figure out how I can do 8 miles on Sunday....fun stuff!

This morning I had 5 miles schedules and thought the morning would be best and the best place to run would be the gym. I needed to get my run done by 6:00am so from 5:00-6:00 I was at the gym. I also thought.."oh it will be so cool and comfortable in the gym." Boy was I wrong!! It was so hot and humid I was drenched by 0.5 miles!! terrible. But I got the 5 miles done and was home in time to get P her breakfast and get myself ready for work. I did wear compression socks to work. I am so impressed with how these things work. I just love them!! Recovery is so much quicker and smoother. They are the best!!

I wore my vivofit and it was cool to see the steps after running:
The additional watch if for work. I wear my vivofit to work but need a watch for the second hand.

I had a goal (which the vivofit sets daily) for over 9,000 steps for the day. So pretty much nailed it by 6:15 :)

And I saw a rainbow on my way to work :) total bonus! 
It's there I promise! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful day!!

*Anyone else love when they see rainbows?
*Anyone have a vivofit? Thoughts?
* Compression socks ? yes/no?



No comments:

Post a Comment