Wednesday, September 9, 2015

when someone you loves is struggling you struggle

The second day of school was hard.

Like really hard.

I left P crying at her class room door. DAMN this parenting thing is hard!!

So since P was struggling I thought I would. Makes sense right?

I felt helpless. I felt like a terrible mom, letting your daughter just cry it out with strangers. School is a tough cookie. I (obviously) know she needs to go, but it's a heart breaker!

So I went for a run.

I wanted to go get a huge bag of potato chips and devour those, but I went for a run instead. (plus I don't eat that because I will feel like crap!)

I was so happy my new haircut was still able to go into a pony, phew!


I really HATE this portion of the rail trail. But It's a solid 6 miles, and I needed to run it to get my planned  9 miles in. But I hate it because it's long and boring and always hotter then the rest of the RT. UGH. But I did it and I tried to smile doing so. 


I kept telling myself, P was having a bad day, the least I could do was push myself in a run. 

I felt accomplished (and hungry) when done, but that was mainly because I wasn't planning on a longer run, I didn't bring water or a snack.  I did slow down and walk a few times, I used the bathroom and got a drink (at the only drinking fountain..man they need like 20 more of those, or I need to be more conscious and bring my hand held). 


-What is your motivation?!


No comments:

Post a Comment