Monday, July 13, 2015

beast mode engaged

I've always wanted to have a really hard workout that consists of the gym and running in one day. I am one of those people that usually does one or another. But since the 20 km I know now (even with backing off from the ultra) I need to become a stronger, fitter runner.

Last Friday I had it in my head that it would be that day. Unfortunately with my head cold moving to my chest I was not really healthy enough to give it my all. My body needed rest. So after working all weekend and feeling much better, I decided Monday morning would be that day.

5:00 am I got up and went to the gym where I did strength training:


  • 150 crunches on a yoga ball
  • 5# arm curls 12 x 3
  • 5# arm extensions 12 x 3 
  • 50 squats with 5# weight, I would squat down stand and raise the weights over my head and repeat
  • leg press 180# 12 x 3 
  • donkey kicks 70# 10 x 3
  • leg extensions 70# 12 x 3
  • leg curls 70# 12 x 3 
Once I was done, I headed to my car put on my compression socks/running shoes. I went to the hill and parked at the day park:





  •  ran 2 miles
  • ran 1 mile of hills 

View from the top: (I actually thought TWICE while I was running these, this is fun!! I must have needed the change in my monotonous routine). 


Like a boss!! I'm pretty proud of myself!:


I came home, made P breakfast "because she was starving." Then I rolled and stretched my little heart out and my legs of course. Took a hot shower and made myself breakfast. It was 8oz tart cherry juice, 2 pieces of GF toast, one with pb and one with ab. A cup of fruit, blueberries/raspberries with a little bit of strawberry yogurt at the bottom. YUM!:


I wanted to "earn" my rest day tomorrow and I'd say I did a pretty good job of it! 

*How many days a week do you do hills?








No comments:

Post a Comment