Friday, July 10, 2015

big Friday plans that my body didn't agree to

I re-painted my nails. A brighter/hotter pink to give me energy because I am going up to the gym Friday morning where I am going to kill it:


Then I laid out my outfit and got compression socks into my shoes ready to go next to my water, and ipod:


I went to bed so I would have 7 hours of sleep. I planned all this because I was feeling better from my head cold. I was going to be fine. 

4:40 alarm! I'm up! Headed to the bathroom to well...use the bathroom and change... and my chest was SO heavy. Yes, you've guessed it my head cold had moved to a chest cold!! Usually, usually I would brave it, but knowing my chest/lungs wouldn't hold up well during a run, I sadly decided to go back to bed. Chalk this week up the "The worst week ever!" Get myself rest and to getting better and hopefully. hopefully Sunday I can make a fresh and much needed start back up. 

I am grateful to not be training for the ultra because I would have missed some serious mileage like a 6 miler Wednesday and a 14 miler Sunday. I would feel overwhelmed with missing those. So I guess it's a plus... 

Anyway, having a cold in the summer is ridiculous!! 

I guess its a way for my body to shut down a reboot?!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

*Do you run/workout when you are sick? 
-I obviously don't, but I did run 3 miles Wednesday and thought my head was going to explode!


No comments:

Post a Comment