Monday, July 27, 2015

I have my reasons...they are mama legit

I would like to point out that I had high hopes for my weekend running...but it just didn't pan out. I didn't run at all. I worked over both Saturday and Sunday but to be totally honest that wasn't the reason. So since we only have a window AC unit, pretty much just the living room stays cool. We've had a mattress on the floor since Friday night. (classy I know) Everyone is sleeping so well though and well I guess that's all that really matters right? But I can't drag myself out of bed because I've been sleeping next to this sweet thing: (it's a mama thing)!!



This morning I did however get up and ran. I ran about 3.5 miles it felt good! :


I came home and had some tart cherry juice:


And rolled (yep I'm wearing my socks to protect my compression socks from the cat hair!):


Then I showered, much needed and deserved I'd say:


Then it was breakfast time, Chex GF oatmeal and blackberries (plus my water w NUUN tabs, I drank water while I ran, because the heat/humidity is for real) :


Then my big plan for the morning was to cook all the weeks meals today so I don't have to 1) later in the week when it gets even more hot 2) because P and I are heading up to the cabin for a night or two so the hubs will be set.


I was suppose to go to the doctors today but it was cancelled (by them, the Dr was out sick). So instead we met the hubs for lunch at a great little Mexican restaurant. P ate 2 taco's and beans!! I think someone is growing! :)

My plan tomorrow is to do strength and running plus hills. I am trying to mentally earn my day off Wednesday!! I think it will work.

*Anyone have a long run or race this weekend? Tell me about it?!









3 comments:

  1. I always intend to make meals for the whole week, but when I do I just end up eating it all there and then... What kind of meals do you make, when you're cooking for the week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually only my second attempt to cook the whole weeks meals in one sitting, and there was a lot of sampling! I made bacon (for blt's), sloppy joes, stewed potatoes, yellow rice, buffalo chicken and a cucumber salad. :)

      Delete