Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wednesday whatnot's #12

Whatnot's are a bunch of little things that go on, but I wouldn't be able to write a whole blog post about.

Here are a little bit of happenings lately:

So after my half marathon Saturday I've been taking it easy. For a couple reasons, 1) I was sore, I had a fist size knot in my right quad that I was working out on a hourly basis. 2) P was sick and we were all just trying to make the best of it. 3) and this is a BIG one, (lets go back a few weeks) I noticed a few weeks ago i'd "strained" my left groin muscle. It kinda ached when I'd run, but it was bearable (said every runner once or twice in their running career), I didn't really think too much about it, then I ran the 13 miles Saturday and it hurt! Pretty sure I pulled my strained muscle when running that distance. WHICH SUCKS!

I iced my groin muscle Saturday and Sunday but then kinda forgot about it Monday and Tuesday. But remembered quit quickly on my run this morning. (funny thing with this particular pull is it, doesn't hurt when I am not stressing/straining it. I doesn't hurt when I walk or squat or anything like that, which is why I think I kinda forgot about it this morning.)

OUCH!! (Wednesday morning run)



I haven't found much about stretching my groin it's mainly icing and rest.

So I'm off running for a few days.

So anyways... back to whatnot's. Sunday P was craving a smoothie after being sick and I feel like dabbling as well :)


Sunday night I poured myself a drink in anticipation for the up coming week:  (Malibu and OJ even though it's way better with pineapple juice.)


I went on a baking spree Monday: I made apple (from my backyard apple trees) and pears crisp.


Me just hanging out on a Wednesday:


What is your Wednesday whatnot?! PLEASE SHARE!! :) 





2 comments:

  1. I hope your injury gets better soon! Also, that drink looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've been trying very hard to "take it easy." But i've been so bored I went for a 12 mile walk today (crazy I know). Luckily this injury heals quickly :)

    ReplyDelete