Saturday, March 28, 2015

a week in a day

This was my off week from work, besides working Saturday (which I am just covering for a co-worker). My off weeks usually mean a better workout and gym attendance. Which in this case it was. :)

Monday : Hello two a days. haha  for once in my life, it was nice and because I didn't get a run on Sunday because the rail trail bathroom was closed and I didn't change at the clinic before my commute home and because I wasn't going to be the women changing in her car, and I had to pee. And I wasn't going to be the women peeing in the woods. Okay back to what I was saying:
Gym workout in the am - Treadmill walking at an incline 0.5%-3.5% for 60 mins (completely boring) Plus we are getting more people up to the gym in the morning, I'm sure it will decrease back down, but it does me I'm not the selfish person on the second to last treadmill anymore. I moved over so now I'm on the first treadmill next to the Jacobs ladder (which p.s. I've done, its so terrible and it will never happen again in my life, but there are a few "meat-heads" that come up and use it and it freaks me out when they are on it because I'm always stressing " what should I do if they fall off?" "Do I help?" "would they want me to help?" Of brother, anyway I am now on the first treadmill so I'm staring at my reflection because the treadmill overlooks the turf where a local arena football team practices, but not at 5:00 am so the lights are off and I stare, at myself....for 60 mins. Then Monday evening I ran on the rail trail. See two a days. :) lol. Resistance training and foam rolling.

Tuesday: Strength and core and always a lil bit of cardio ( because I kinda can't resist) Gym in the am :

  • 5 min treadmill wake up ( I need this to get my barrings) 
  • crunches on the yoga ball. 100 total. 50 forward and 25 each side.
  • 100 squats
  • 3 x 12 180 lbs leg presses x 2
  • 3 x 12 60 lbs donkey kicks x 2
  • elliptical 35 mins. 20 minutes forward at a 5 % resistance and 15 mins backwards at a 3% resistance.
  • Stretching with resistance band and foam rolling
Wednesday : off Rest I still did resistance, but no foam rolling.

Thursday Strength and core at the gym:
  • 5 min treadmill wake up ( I need this to get my barrings) 
  • crunches on the yoga ball. 100 total. 50 forward and 25 each side.
  • 100 squats
  • 3 x 12 180 lbs leg presses x 2
  • 3 x 12 60 lbs donkey kicks x 2
  • elliptical 40 mins. 20 minutes forward at a 5 % resistance and 20 mins backwards at a 3% resistance.
  • Stretching with resistance band and foam rolling
Friday Cardioish:

  • Treadmill 30 mins on incline (varied) 
  • Leg press 3 x 12 180 lbs x 2
  • 3 x 12 60 lbs donkey kicks x 1
  • elliptical 20 mins, 10 mins forward at 5% and 10 mins backwards at 3%
The vivofit has been removed for the week. I was getting a little obsessed with it, so I needed a break. Next week will be a week on at work, so it's always a struggle. I have a hard time getting gym in and getting P ready. But she is on Spring Break so it might make things easier. (fingers crossed) 

Have a safe and RUNable weekend!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment