Tuesday, March 24, 2015

monday rundays

So I made it out to the rail trial yesterday in the afternoon, around 3:30 pm. Which was totally weird because I only get out to the rail trail on the weekends, plus I am an early morning runner. So the 3:30 felt very random :) I ran a solid 1.75 miles without knee pain and usually its a gradual pain and I assess as I go, yesterday's was different, it was quick and abrupt.  I got very "hobbily" once the pain began. And I'm pretty sure the runner i passed near the end of my run saw it.

I finished after 3.1 miles total. Not my greatest attempt at running. I always immediately start doubting myself and my running skills, or lack there of. I'm getting to the point where running with this knee pain is making things so much more worse. Not like having knee pain isn't the worst, but the self doubting is really a bummer.

I am trying to be positive today and just tell myself that I am on the right track and to keep doing my resistance training and foam rolling. But I am not totally sure if I'm suppose to use the foam roller if I don't run. Do I use it when I just workout, run or not?

I really need to look into that. I am seeing a difference in the pain level when I roll. Much better, I guess, good not great :) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment