Monday, March 2, 2015

snow bunnies

I have been a Michigander my entire life ( 32 yrs to be exact) and even as a January baby I didn't like winter or the snow. (Im not totally sure why I figure people born in certain seasons should enjoy them more but I do). So being in Michigan you get the highs and lows an every where in between. It was just one of the coldest February's on record. Which is weird because I am pretty sure they said that last year. :(
Anyway, my dislike for winter really rears it's ugly head especially when I have to drive in it. I don't mind mounds of snow but the ice and slippery roads send me in a tizzy. Especially driving around P, worried mama here!
But things have taken a turn. Do not read into this, I am not one of those people who seek joy in driving in Michigan winters or even skies/snow boards or does any activity outside. But I will say since I started running I want to get outside, no matter the weather.
I especially love a fresh powdery snow fall on the rail trail. The quietness that winter brings is one of my all time favorite things now. Because I total appreciate the calm, nature around me. I LOVE running in the snow. (ice not so much, because I'm bound to break something and I kinda just wanna be injury free) with that said I am caution when embarking outside. The trail has to be snow covered and minimal ice. :)
This afternoon we were able to take in the outside since it was actually above freezing and steady at a beautiful 27* and sunny :) I even did some sprints to get the old heart a pumping.


Check out our tracks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment