Sunday, March 29, 2015

running like the wind or the wind blowing me forward

I am trying my best to get my resistance training in everyday. Even on weekends I work, which can be the most difficult. And I can say I am doing a pretty fantastic job with it. After a Saturday work day I planned a run for Sunday. I knew there was rain in the forecast, so I wanted to be sure to get a run in before hand. Although I told myself I should run in the rain, because I can't be totally sure what the weather will be like at the Ultra. So I better toughen up! lol

I went out the rail trail, although I really wanted to get out the trails, but without my trail shoes yet I decided to wait until I can be well equipped. My pearl izumi's which I do love, have zero traction. So I didn't want to risk it. I am being a little soft. But I want to get over one injury before intentionally putting myself in harms way.

It was crazy windy out. I also knew that from the weather this morning and chose to go out right when it was the windiest.

Now this is exciting news.......I RAN 2.37 miles WITH NO KNEE PAIN! This is the most it has been in like.... FOREVER! :) I know to hardcore runners this is a ridiculously low amount of miles, but to me I feel hopeful and able to conquer my knee issue. I totally needed this boost. I think more than I actually knew. I stopped at that amount of miles because I got to my landmark, and about 30 seconds before that I felt a twinge. And I really wanted to end on a good note. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! BOOM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment