Thursday, August 6, 2015

afternoon running is not my cup of tea

This morning I didn't run but did see the gorgeous sunrise!




I got out of work about a half hour early. I texted my mother-in-law who was watching P. She said they were heading out to garage sales, so I took the opportunity to go for a run.

It was a beautiful day and I thought a 5 mile run would be just the ticket. Plus I was wanting to get a run in because we were meeting my sister and nephew for tacos and ice cream!! So it needed to be done.

I got to the RT,  picked the most open and sunniest spot...huge mistake!

Me before hand..all excited and what not:


Me mid-run having to put my hair in a sweaty bun, because I was sweaty and all:


This was a tough 5 miles for a number of reasons. 1) I haven't had the greatest appetite which is saying a lot, I am an eater my nature. 2) I skimped on my lunch because I just wasn't interested in eating my salad. 3) I was too busy at work to drink much water. So when it was time to run..I was running on empty. Literally.

It was a tough run.

Me post 5 mile run:


I drank 8 oz of tart cherry juice and made an 8 oz protein shake because I was shaky, to say the least. Then I had a piece of toast with peanut butter, even though I was only an hour away from tacos. It needed it to happen. Of course I wasn't too terribly hungry at dinner, but had some amazing company in my baby girl, sister and nephew. :) good times!

Overall, always glad when I get a run in...but man I don't like afternoon runs!

*Are you a morning, afternoon or evening runner?
-Morning runner all the way!





No comments:

Post a Comment