Friday, August 21, 2015

farm fresh friday, and some not so great energy levels

So my running spirit is low. I really don't know why but I kinda think there is a reason behind it. I really think I was starting to come down with something. I have been abnormally tired like falling asleep at 8:00 pm kinda tired.

I think this has been keeping me down.

I did noticed I was getting a twinge in my left shin. I have had shin splints before, I know the early signs of them. I knew I was coming due for new shoes soon anyway, because I'm about 5 months into these with about 400-500 miles.

So as much as I didn't want to ( sarcasm! ) I went to Runner's Performance and got a new pair of ON cloud shoes ordered! :) they are super cute too, I don't have them however, they had to get them from the other store so I'll have them earlier next week. SO excited!

But lets back up a little bit:

Wednesday morning run was at the gym on the TM for 3 miles. I had to get to work and just wanted a quick run, 3 miles seemed nice.


This is a very poor picture of my doing my quad stretches:


The sunrise...oh the sunrise :)


That afternoon I had to drive out to my mom's house (she was watching P ) from my work it's a good hour and 10 mins away. I needed a little something :


Thursday I didn't go for a run because I had that twinge of pain in my shin. But I made a delicious dinner. Chicken Cesar salad:


Friday was again one of those days I needed sleep. I turned my alarm off and slept until 7:00 am! 

But 8:30 am we were grocery shopping. Once home, I made homemade potato salad, put a pork tenderloin in the crock pot for pulled pork sandwiches this weekend. And then we went to Runner's :) 

I got a terrible headache after lunch and actually had to come home and lay down for an hour. P was happy to watch a few episodes of my little pony while I rested. I'm not totally sure what that was about. We then went outside and played, and then I started dinner. 

I was very proud of Friday nights dinner. It was all mainly farm fresh foods. :) That always makes me feel like I am doing a good job. 

I made burgers on the grill. Burgers that come from a grass fed local organic farm:


Corn on the cob from my mom's garden. P helped shuck the corn :



And the potato salad, the potatoes are from my mom's garden, the onions were as well.  (It was delicious!)


Then we ended the night getting ice cream, chocolate caramel cashew for me! :)

I then made a list. I am a list maker, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.


This is my list, my goals and my plans for the next week. I then made 2 more weeks behind this one. 

I need something. 

I have my new shoes, and hopefully this bug will be gone soon too.

I've decided that on September 12th, the day of the half marathon, I am going to run my own 13 miles. This is a BIG goal form me. 13 miles would be my longest run yet. :) a good goal huh?! 

I really hope I can get back into the swing of things.












No comments:

Post a Comment