Friday, August 28, 2015

speedy Friday and back on the TM

 This was me, before the speed workout. Don't I look happy and all unassuming. LOL I had a wonderful and much needed great nights sleep last night. I got to sleep in my bed all night and didn't even wake up to go pee. This is huge! There was no snoring hubs, and if he was I was in such a deep REM I didn't even notice. And there was no little girl crawling into the bed. (I think she sleep walks into our bed). When either the snoring or added company happens I take myself to the sofa where I try to get some sleep. But last night, it was blissful! My alarm went off and I popped (literally) right up and away I went.

I went up around 6:00 am because I was just running my speedy 3 miles which should take me around 30 mins. There was no one there. The business that happens at 5:00 am slows down by 6:00 am but revs back up at 6:30 am. So I was in a prefect pocket at 6:00 am. 


As you know I really didn't want to run on the TM for the 3rd day this week, but you gotta do things you don't like sometimes. I started out at a pace of 9:50/mile. Then after the first mile I moved to 9:24/ mile and then by 2.5 miles I went to 8:54/ miles. I was happy to play around with the pace and kinda see what I could do without flying off the end of the TM. I noticed my bike shorts (which I wear under my running skirt) were riding up (I need to get a few smaller pairs) but I didn't want to stop because I had a good thing happening, but was worried about trying to fiddle with them as I ran at, what seemed to me, an incredible speed. I was feeling the rubbing but knew they'd just ride up again if I stopped. Around mile 2 I pulled them down, and didn't miss a beat. I later felt the damage the 2 miles caused in the shower...ouch! 

I was so consumed with stopping the TM to see my average, I missed it... twice, as it went by the screen. I was only able to get these, which really don't matter in a speed workout...haha oh well. If I had to guess I did an average of 9:30 which I am proud of, especially after a long 7 mile the day before. 



Post run excitement, or something of that nature!


I also noticed a blister! I've never gotten a blister before, I've had this area on my toe sore before, but a blister has never formed...until today! (ps my big toenail is painted yellow, I don't have a fungus, when P given me a pedicure she always makes sure to use yellow, because it's her favorite color).


My quads are a bit sore and I've stretched them out twice already, I'm sure the 1.5 hours we have planned in the car today will be just fabulous for them. LOL! 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 





No comments:

Post a Comment