Monday, August 17, 2015

runspiration

I am lacking my inspiration to run.

Is it because I have nothing looming on the horizon I am training for? Maybe.

Is it because I don't have a training plan to follow? Maybe.

Is it because I am tired and lazy? Definitely.

Yesterday I took a few minutes to put together my next weeks running schedule. I thought that would spark my excitement to have something to follow. I thought I'd be more faithful if I wrote a plan down and maybe offered myself a reward if completing it. ( i-tunes card is what I had in mind).

But still the alarm went off and I literally turned it off and rolled over!!

I need a spark.

I need a push.

I need to get my rear end in gear!!

So as I sit here on my computer, I'm thinking maybe I need to have a goal. I tried, no goal just running, but instead I am literally just not running!

So here's the thing, the 20 km has scared me. It has left a scar on my running mentality. When I think of that 20 km race, I can't hlep but feel down. So now what do I do? Do I buck up and look/train for a half to see how it goes? Do I bother? Or do I try to just get myself more motivated at home?

Having to consider my work schedule (working every other weekend and racing can be tough, but not unmanageable). I looked into some half marathons.

There are a lot of different options. Do I want to travel, ie does my family want to travel which means we'll make it into a family weekend which means in reality extra money being spent.

Distance 1/2 marathons in October:

  • Sleeping Bear 1/2 in Leelanau Mi
  • TC lighthouse 1/2 in Traverse City, Mi
  • Great Turtle Half in Mackinac Island, MI
Distance 1/2 marathons in November:
  • none
Near by 1/2 marathons in October:
  • Lane Walker Foundation Race in Alma MI
Near by 1/2 marathons in November:
  • Mid-land race in Midland Mi
Or I could really push it and run a half in September at a near by race. It's 4 weeks out. Crazy, yes...impossible..no. There is also a 10 km available at this race. Should I just go low key and run that, which would give me a goal with not a lot of stress, I mean I know I can run 6 miles. 

Decisions...decisions. 

Hopefully answers to come.

*Has anyone else been in this pickle before? Suggestions/comments are WELCOMED!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment