Monday, August 31, 2015

weekend away wrap up and more

I find when I pack for us to go anywhere, I over pack...big time!

We headed to the east side of the state and rented a cabin on the beach. It has been unseasonably cold here in Mi and unfortunately it did not warm up for our weekend. But luckily I have a trooper for a child and she happily plays no matter the forecast.  This was the first day when the sun peaked out for 3 minutes.



The scenery/landscape is pretty awesome:



I went for a 5 mile run, in the rain, not a refreshing rain but a chilly cold rain. One of those where you kinda can't get warm no matter how hard you try through out the day cold rains.  I will say, there is a brand new and pretty great RT, that started directly out of the drive way of our cabin! I was pumped to see it when we arrived because I really didn't know where I would run, I'm not a beach runner. 




When I was done with my 5 miles, I stopped by the cabin and asked P if she wanted to come sit with me while I cooled down and dried off. She is always willing to get her feet in the sand. I stretched and then sat here and just watched her looking for rocks/stones.



We hit up the local farmers market. I got peaches and homemade chap-stick (hello awesomeness!). The peaches were gone in less than 24 hrs, and the whole family tried the new chappy at least 2-3 times. :)



This was the first time they let me into their secret fishing club. (have I mentioned how much I love that they have their own things they do just the two of them...Love.)


So as a Michigander, whenever I am by a body of water I look for Petosky stones. They are these great old stones that can be difficult to find. They are a bazillion years old, or at least 2 million, and they were once part of a coral reef. We found 7!! So I found the first one and requested a high five from the family, then the hubs found a few and so did P. Not so rare around here apparently. 


These 2 on the hunt for Petosky stones:


Sunday morning cuddles before packing up:



We got home early Sunday afternoon. In enough time to do laundry, and the hubs to cut the grass. While he was cutting he came into the house to let me know the apple trees were in full effect. P and I went out with a bag to fill up. Apple mini breads is what I had in mind:


We laid pretty low, got take out for dinner, the heat wave is back. LOL just in time for us to be back home and 1.5 hrs away from the beach! Michigan, I'll never understand you!! 

This morning I had little to no desire to run. I ran 3 miles on the TM and then 7 miles on the bike. 


Sometimes you just need a change in pace.

I'm also heading to Runner's today to return my shoes, I am getting blisters like no bodies business!! 

I might get another pair of shoes or I might just get a refund, I haven't decided yet.... to be continued. 

Funny story as I was running this morning I didn't have my head phone in, no desire for music either. I was noticing my left heal was striking really hard, and I was wondering what was up with that. After I was done, I walked to the bike, and heard something in my shoe...yep HUGE rock. LOL how did I not notice that when I walked into the gym...and up the steps..possibly it was too early. :)

*Weekend wrap ups, any races or long runs!!?? 













No comments:

Post a Comment