Thursday, March 12, 2015

Can you really have too much

Of workout clothes...I think not! haha :) I love my workout clothes. This last Christmas I pretty much got TJ Maxx gift cards and spend them exclusively on workout clothes. Especially when you are a cold weather runner, you need to bundle up enough not to freeze, but not enough to get heat stroke. Fine Line.

Plus pretty much all the outerwear I bought I wear on a daily bases. So basically if I'm not in comfy workout clothes I'm in scrubs. How ridiculous is that? Both feel like you are sporty pj's all day! I like the fitted sweatshirt ( I don't think they are sweatshirts, because they are way thinner, but not sure what else to call them) that have the high turtle neck thing happening with the holes so you can breath through your mouth outside. I love those on bitter days! But I will say I am trying my best to not be a mouth breather when I run. I have a tendency to do it outside more than on the treadmill. I'm sure its because I'm more regulated on the treadmill than I am outside. When I read Eat & Run Scott mentioned that someone once told him your nose is for breathing and mouth is for eating.

When I first started working out, it was about 2 years after I had my daughter and I was still holding on to some baby weight. I also needed to get some "me time." and working out was the best of both worlds (and still is). I started by just wearing sweatpants and t-shirts. I gradually moved to workout pants and t-shirts. Now it's pretty much capris and tank tops/short sleeve shirts. I have shorts but, (un)fortunately I have very muscular thighs and shorts get all caught up in them when I run. So I wear them around the house and outside in the summer.

I am pretty band loyal as you know to my Pearl Izumi shoes. But I am also pretty loyal to Danskin Now. Great brand! I have have some clothes for over 2 years, no problems. They look and feel brand new. I just keep adding to my collection. I have everything from a fuzzy fleece to bike shorts by Danskin. And they are affordable which usually means cheap, but they really have held up! I'm totally amazed which is why i am brand loyal. I get mine from Walmart. I've seen them at other store but they are actually more expensive elsewhere. Love 'em! :)

This is just a portion, I have two outfits in the washer, in major need of de-stinking and this doesn't include any outerwear! :) LOL and if someone asked tomorrow "do you need more workout clothes?" the answer will forever be yes!

Today's workout- Rest Day

Stretching at home with resistance band +/- foam rolling ( I'm not sure if I do the roller if I haven't worked out. I'll have to check into that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment