Wednesday, March 11, 2015

what's on your mind

When I am on the treadmill I kinda let my mind wander. But not enough to forget what I am doing, because my worst fear is falling off the treadmill. (I actually work with a Dr who was on vacation and she flew off the back of a treadmill into the free weights!!) I guess if you were on vacation you wouldn't necessarily see any of those people again :) so that's a plus.

So I always have my head phone in, but rarely listen to the music, if that makes sense. I sometimes use my headphone as a decoy for people not to talk to me. There is an older gentlemen I say good-morning to, but if he is lingering when I am done with my workout I leave me head phones in while I stretch and grab the paper towel and cleaner to clean off my machine.

I am be slightly antisocial....I think everyone is at a 5:00 am workout. Or at least I tell myself that :) LOL

I usually think about my day. If its a work day I think about my strategy for my surgery day. I usually think about work and any problems I have. Or anything I need to get done while there. I am the head of surgery which means I am a manager too, so I have a lot of paper work as well as a lot of surgeries on my docket when I am in the office.

I sometimes people watch too. In the mornings there aren't a ton of people up at the gym, but it's funny how you can started anticipating what people do and what time they arrive. This morning I switched up my day and actually watched the news. I was on the rowing machine and the guys in front of me on the elliptical had that and Sports Center on. So that was a nice change.

This mornings routine consisted of:

Rowing (moderate) 15 mins
Leg press 3 x 12 reps @ 180#
Donkey kicks 3x 10 @70 #
Leg curls 3 x 12 @ 80#
Leg extensions 3 x 12 @ 70#
Walked on 0.5%-5.0% incline for 20 mins
Ran 1 mile at 13.20 min pace. (I just wanted to get through one mile)

Post workout:

Bilateral quadriceps stretches hold for 10 seconds each leg
Bilateral IT band stretch hold for 15 seconds each leg
Bilateral calf stretch hold for 10 seconds each calf
Bilateral hip flexer stretch

Home Post workout:

Resistance band
foam rolling ITB
foam rolling quads
foam rolling hamstrings

I really hope my new found (re) focus will pay off because one things that entered my mind was "there is no way I can run the ultra in September." Which is 6 months away from tomorrow. My fingers are crossed so tightly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment