Thursday, March 19, 2015

now that I've been off I want the road

I got 2 rail trail runs in Saturday and Sunday, it was totally amazing. It was one of those awesome things you don't realize or appreciate when it as happening. Which is completely my life.  I have a tendency to not really pay attention to things while they are happening but noticing them when they are memories. My two runs were great because I felt like a runner again. And no I'm not one of those people that talks badly about the treadmill. It's there and it helps when you can't get outside for whatever reason.

I work out at 5:00 am which doesn't allow me to run outside, I wouldn't feel safe.

I do love the outside. I love running outside and feeling like I am accomplishing something. And since I have been running at a slower rate (It's recommended for ultra running, to go slower, which was like music to my ears). I feel less stressed about running outside. It feels more natural to me at the speed I'm going which is 13.20 miles/hr yeah that's right speed racers. People are literally running 2 + times faster than me, but I don't care :) haha

I feel like I found my "stride" with my ultra training and I am appreciating it immensely!

No comments:

Post a Comment