Tuesday, March 10, 2015

springtime feeling

I need spring in my life like yesterday! This winter has been harsh, not like Boston harsh, but a daunting Michigan harsh. Plus I am over my knee pain. I mean seriously. (rant to ensue) I mean come on! How can I run 3 miles no problem and not get past 1.5 today?!  Seriously I don't get the mechanics behind any of this crap.
So during/after my morning workout I was deflated. I was over it, kinda really rethinking this whole running thing in my life. Who needs it? Why bother? ext...  I watched people running a few treadmills down and I was jealous.( one person mind you was a kid who comes with her dad she might be 12..I was jealous of a 12 year old. Good Heavens!) Why can they run and I can't? I mean I do but its's painful.

Post pity party I got myself together and stopped blaming the world and looked at what I was doing. Was I doing my resistance training? yes. Was I doing completely appropriately by holding my stretch for 2 seconds? no. I was rushing. I wanted to get them done, and wasn't taking full care to do the exercises correctly.  I am to blame.
So when I got home. I reread the article and it stated to do the exercises after a run or three hours before. I wanted to make sure I wasn't suppose to wait three or do 1 hour before ( I had it backwards in my head). So I did the exercises, holding for 2 seconds, doing 3 sets of 10 in each position (4 total positions).
I then did the foam roller. I don't like the foam roller, which is why I can totally convince myself it doesn't work because it hurts! I did 3 sets of 10 rolls (?) on each leg along my ITB and I rolled my hamstrings and quads.

I am going to refocus my energy and stop blaming the world around me, or having a pity party. The blame is mine and mine alone. So I am going to finish the next 5 days of my resistance training and then start phase 1 again with the foam roller in to boot.

I am going to concur ITBS damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment