Saturday, February 28, 2015

Best laid plans

Well to my disappointment there was no rail trail running this afternoon. My day was too hectic and I was having a hard to synchronizing with my runner friend. So I scrapped it and went to the gym. I could have gone by myself but at that point in the day I was limited on time.
But I will say the gym was good. Busy (not surprising from a Saturday afternoon) but I had a "break through" I ran almost 3 miles with NO knee pain!!!!! AAHHHH I was so happy! :) and still am ,LOL! I had great stride and the whole thing felt right. I was trying not to pay attention to my mileage,  but I can't help looking down when I'm on the treadmill. But I was freaking myself out, like, "What if I'm cured", " No knee pain ever again!" haha not so fast. I started feeling it creep on and then realized it had been 2.75 (ish) miles with no pain! There was one day last week I didn't get past 1.5 miles without pain.
PROGRESS!!!! It's a beautiful thing. And ps so is the weather in Michigan, about 21* and sunny. SO SUNNY :)
I'm thinking I may sneak in a rail trail visit tomorrow morning before I head to work. (It's not my usual weekend to work, I've got a special inventory task to do for my boss). But how knows, I might let myself off the hook and just have some family time in the morning before I head in. There's always Monday while P is in preschool :)
Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment