Tuesday, February 24, 2015

This morning felt good

Got up after a hard (literally didn't more) nights sleep, and was doing my morning wake up/walk by 5:05. This morning I just kinda took my time finding my rhythm.  I was a little thrown off by another treadmill goer this morning. I am usually the only one on the treadmill that early. And besides that, we had the same outfit on, which made me laugh to myself, of course, cause no one talks that early in the morning. The only sounds are machines running and the local morning news.
So as I warmed up I noticed she was doing some run/ walking. I also observed that she had on new shoes. (There is nothing else to look at sometimes that early for years now, so I notice little things like when people get new shoes) But it occurred to me maybe she is training for a race of some sort. So then I get excited thinking about a new runner and wish maybe we did talk, but I got over that pretty quickly.
I enjoy the quiet. Its my "me" time.
Anyway as she was running a few treadmills down, I started up my running at my ultra running speed of 4.5 mph. The girls form was a little off, she was really dropping her left shoulder and her stride was not smooth. I'm not judging I only noticed because as I started to run I found myself pacing with her which wasn't the best idea for me. So I had to really concentrate.
She didn't last long, which made me wonder why. But it's not my concern. So after that I decided to just go for as long as my knee would allow. I'm trying to not be so controlling when it comes to running. I was it to feel more free ( like it should be).
I ended up walking for a mile, do to the fact I was adding songs to my running playlist. I did do an incline of 1.5% during the miles I walked. Then back to 0% for running. or jogging, is it jogging now that I'm only at 4.5 mph?
Oh well doesn't matter. I ran for 3 miles before my knee hurt. Then walked a bit and ran another 0.5 miles.

Grand total of running and walking ( run-3.5, walk 1.75) = 5.25 miles 599.6 calories and 79 mins total.

I stayed on the treadmill to get all my daily steps done on my garmin vivofit, which is amazing I got all 10,500 done by 6:30am! (and then some). I'm currently + 1500 steps and it's 8:15am! I did my strength training when I got home so that's out of the way too. :)

So overall a good morning! The running felt great and I'm pretty sure if I didn't have knee pain I could have run all 5.25 mile. Soon!! Soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment