Monday, February 23, 2015

my problem with facebook

So I was one of the last people to join facebook about 2 years ago. I started because I had a pampered chef business I thought would benefit from social media (which it did not). And I will admit it was a good excuse to see what all the hype was about. After New Years of this year I told myself I needed a break. I wouldn't say I was obsessed but I would check it 1 to 2 times a day. I would find myself having family moments and thinking "I should put this on FB" instead of living in the moment and enjoying my time. So I deactivated my profile which in its self is a total process. Which made me hate FB even more. I was leaving for personal reasons but I had to go through hoops to deactivate. Then I immediately got an email saying you can come back, blah blah blah. So it's been almost 2 month without FB and I'd say the first week was weird and I kept going to my phone to pop on it, then remembered it was the devil. But today after preschool was cancelled again do to cold whether ( preschool closes when the high school its run out of closes) I just really need some confirmation. So I logged in ( with no problem whats so ever) and quickly checked the preschool's page and got off. I then received multiple e-mails saying "glad your back" "here's what you missed." And I was immediately annoyed. So I went back on to deactivate myself again! Now I know I could just stay away, but unfortunately I don't have that type of discipline I need things completely cut out.
Good riddance (again)Facebook !!

No comments:

Post a Comment