Friday, February 20, 2015

My first Ultra has been paid for!!

So I've decided to make things official and pay for my spot in the 50km in September! I thought doing so makes it more real, and with money being spent I think I'm more likely to do something. $93.00 total (after tax or something) is a good chunk of money. But I do believe well worth it. When I told my husband I was going to register for it and how much he replied with "It's not much more than a 5k." Well yes and no. We are getting a 2 day hotel stay out of this adventure as well. We try to make things like this fun for the whole family and my daughter is a huge hotel fan! Loves the pool and hot tube especially! So this will be a nice trip for all involved.
I am so early on this that you can't actually book rooms at the near by hotels yet. haha. So I'll be doing that in the up coming months.
I am on day 6 of my resistance band training to help my hips get stronger. I haven't been running but once this week. It's been hectic here with work this week and this morning I woke up with a severe headache (which I believe was self induced do to a food I ate yesterday, I have a TON of food allergies) So it makes me even more upset when I've done it to myself.
I actually wont be back in the gym until Monday because I am working all weekend. So that give me more time with the resistance band and hopefully Monday I'll see some amazing results!

No comments:

Post a Comment