Thursday, August 13, 2015

making workouts fun for the whole family

This morning I woke up with my 5:00 am alarm, went to the bathroom got 2 Excedrin and went back to bed.

I had a headache and I was not about to put myself through a rigorous workout when my temples were pounding. So back to bed I went. As someone who's suffered through years of headaches, this mama doesn't play around. This I think was stress induced. I have had a lot on my mind, and I'm sure working out would have helped with the stress, only additional sleep would help with the headache.

I figured we'd dust off the weehoo and bike and get a couple miles in, family style. Well P and I at least. I'm almost certain the hubs would rather stay home and go for a bike ride then off to work, but I decided to not even entice him with the offer. LOL

I didn't get any pictures on the weehoo, because well...you kinda need a TON of balance and I'm luck we stay up as it is. P was tired after peddling for I'd guess 50% of our 5 miles, no biggie my quads needed it, LOL. But I did have quit a twinge of pain in the medial portion of my right knee, which as you recall is not my bad knee! Is it just me or does every runner the moment they feel pain any where in their body start thinking the worst?! My knee by the way was fine, once I got off the bike.



Wind blown/helmet hair:


We went home and immediately got ourselves a snack, which means we ate all this watermelon:


My mom's birthday was on Tuesday and of course her present arrived in the mail Wednesday. I kinda messed that up by not ordering it sooner, I've had a lot of stuff on my mind! The 3 heart represent her 3 grand kids. P, my nephew and niece.


Then we were off to the park for a play date. I actually like this kid (she's sweet just like P) and I have a great relationship with her mom!  I'm becoming more and more aware that those are harder and harder to find as you have children. I was ready to get my "mama chat" on! (


I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

*When you miss a workout, do you try to do things with your family  to "make it up"?





No comments:

Post a Comment