Saturday, August 15, 2015

speed work, this is getting intense.

Thursday night I was trying to come up with a running plan for Friday. I was coming up with zilch. Since I am not currently following a training plan I just make up a route or mileage the night before.

But Thursday I was stumped.

I asked the hubs what I should do, he said "work on your time." "Work on my time, huh?" Okay. He asked me what I ran my 6 miles Thursday morning at, and I split my run 3 miles TM and 3 miles RT and I know that on the RT I was running about an 11 min/mile. He suggested a 10 min/mile. And to just run an easy 3 miles. Easy 3 miles at a minute faster...those do not go together! But I guess I was up for the challenge.

This was hard. Like really hard. But I pushed and pushed and got it done!! :)


3 miles in 28:21. 9:27 min/ mile!!! That's 1 min 30 seconds fast then yesterday :)

I arrived home to a beautiful sunrise. I love my sunrises, that's for sure, but waiting to get started on the RT til 6:20 is a bit much. I was running by 5:45 at one point this summer. I love fall/winter running, but come on! I only have so much time to get a run in and get back home. (rant over)




Post run exhaustion and disbelief:


I showered because P wasn't up yet and I was sweaty, per usual! Then I rolled and drank 4 oz tart cherry juice. Then had breakfast. Oatmeal with pb and a protein shake:


I think I'm going to poke the beast and make next Friday a speed workout day too. I will have a constant which I like. And I can get speeder, which is always good..right?! 

*Any speed work this week? How quickly to you increase your mileage when you hit your goal speed? 




No comments:

Post a Comment