Monday, August 31, 2015

clouds turn to brooke's

So I went and took my ON cloudrunner's back to Runner's. It was the 10th day (they give you 10 days to try them out and return if you have any issues what so ever). So I basically did it because a) I've never had some many blisters in the past 2 years I have been running b) was down to my last day to return and well if you aren't happy you might as well say something, it's not like these shoes (or any running shoes) are cheap.

So when P and I went we walked in and saw Katie (thank goodness) 1) because she is the best at her job at that store, 2) helped me with the On cloudrunner purchase last week and gave them to the hubs when he picked them up. 3) would be the only person I will take suggestions from.

I told her I would be willing to try something else on, I am not brand loyal as I have run in a couple different shoes now. She was surprised those particular shoes were giving me issues, since I have an identical pair. We came to the conclusion that it might be a defective pair, enough said.

I told her I was willing to try on another pair, like mentioned above, and if I couldn't find one I would like a refund (another perk of Runner's..return in 10 days to exchange or full refund. How does one go wrong!?)

She brought out 2 pairs of Brooke's and 1 new balance. Now please forgive me I am not trying to be a shoe snob, because as stated before I was willing to try on anything and Katie always hooks me up. But I've never been a huge fan of Brooke's...the toes are a bit too narrow for the roominess I usually like. And new balance, not trying to judge but when new balance first came out, all you saw were old grandpa's wearing the brightest of whitest pair! I think old man when I think new balance.

She put one new balance on and one Brooke's launch 2. I didn't like the narrowness of the NB but the colors were cute! ( high cry from the bright white!). Then she put on another Brooke's but those were narrow as well and the original Brooke's I had on were beating out all the other shoes, with it being so light weight and roomy in the toes.

So I got a pair of Brooke's. Katie knows my hesitation and assured me again I've got 10 days with these shoes too. I felt bad giving the ON coudrunner's back today because I noticed there was a lot of sand on them from the beach run the other day. But apparently I don't even notice a huge rock, why would I notice sand, LOL!

Meet my new Brooke's Launch 2:



I'm sure other people wander around their homes in their new running shoes and compression socks too..right?! Or is it just me?


After getting new shoes, P and I went to the zoo and I almost wore above ensemble. haha I controlled the impulse to do so. :) 

**Are you brand loyal? If so which one or ones? 




No comments:

Post a Comment