Tuesday, July 28, 2015

5 miles on the TM and strengthening

4:40 my alarm went off and I didn't hear it. The hubs had to wake me up so the alarm didn't wake P up. (Remember we are currently living in a make shift loft by having everything in our living room). I must have been sleeping pretty hard. Then I dozed back off for about 12 more minutes. I finally got out of bed (ie the sofa) at 4:52. Which got me to the gym at 5:10. I started with strength training. Today was going to be a day I did strength and a mid length run plus hills.

Strengths:

  • crunches on the yoga ball. (200)
  • arm curls 3 x 12 w 5# weight
  • arm extensions 3 x 12 w 5# weight
  • Squats with overhead weights 50 total w 5# weight
  • arm swings (I don't know what these are called. I went back onto the site I originally saw them on and the video was not working.) 3 x 50 w 10# weight
  • Leg press 3 x 12 @ 180#
  • donkey kicks 3 x 10 @ 70#
By this time it was 5:45 so I needed to get running because it takes me about 1 hour to run 5 miles. Easy pace of 12 min/mile. I walked for about 6 minutes before I started to run just because I had just done all the leg exercises. (and I was adding more songs to my current playlist...multitasking at its best.)

I ran 1.3 miles then got off the TM to grab the fan, it was like the air was standing still up there this morning! I thought about just leaving and finishing on the RT but knew it was just as stagnant outside as it was in the gym. Then I did another 3.7 miles making my 5 miles total. I walked for about 4-5 minutes after to cool down, I tend to not do that. So it was about 6:50 or so when I got done and I decided to cut out the hills at the day park. For one main (and good) reason my knee started to hurt at mile 1 !! WTF?! I honestly think it might be from too much TM running. Last week 3 days and then today. I think that's what getting me, pounding on the belt. 

Post run trying to get a little sunrise in the background (nailed it):



Second attempt:


I came home and did a longer version of my foam rolling and stretching hoping to loosen up the tightened ITB. I am going to bring my foam roller up north with us and roll again tonight and tomorrow. 

*Have you have any old injuries pop up lately?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment