Wednesday, July 1, 2015

wednesday whatnot's #1

Wednesday whatnot's are a little bit of everything tossed in one post. :)

Monday I woke up feeling less than great. Not because of my sore quads, which were sore but manageable. I had this odd pain like boarder line swollen tongue/jaw. It hurt to talk..it was bazaar. It was okay and not too painful so I thought I would try ginger as an anti-inflammatory/pain relief instead of reaching for Excedrine.

Water w/ pieces of fresh ginger:



It actually really worked! I felt way better a few hours later. 

Last week I went to Runner's so I could load up on "chewies" I can eat during long runs and in preparation for the BIG run. I got a few different types and picked up a new flavor of NUUN- watermelon..YUM! Especially this time of year. And of course I had to look through the 50% clearance rack and found a Brooke's tank top I "just had to have!" LOL it is pretty great :) :


I don't believe I will try the Clif blocks unfortunately I didn't read the whole label and I need to get more conscious about GF foods. You think about it with breads and pasta's and such but little things like a chewie for running I didn't think. The honey stingers are organic and GF. So I'll probably give those to a co-worker who is a runner too. :) (just a reminder this whole no gluten is pretty fresh by about 1 yr so work in progress)

Mangoes are on sale so you know I'm ALL over those. I love me some mangoes!!  As you can see I eat them right off the cutting board: 

P and I went to my mom's humongous garden Monday. There is a lot of stuff sprouting so we didn't get a ton but we managed to walk away with bib lettuce (hello salad for dinner) and a zucchini. I see making my family bread here in the near future. Or work, my co-workers love goodies from home. This is no joke just a quarter of what they are working with:


I'm pretty sure this isn't how the hubs saw his office chair being used:


I stare at my training schedule like every time I walk by it. I make notes on it, I think about routes, I've become one with it: LOL


Happy Wednesday to all !! 






  

No comments:

Post a Comment