Monday, July 6, 2015

shake out post 12.4 miles

So I figured on Sunday it would be a good experiment to see how a shake out post run would make my legs  feel.
I woke up with very sore quads, I think it was the terrain that got me so sore. I feel like there is a lot to be said for runners high. I still don't feel great about my performance yesterday. I'm angry and sad about the whole thing. It's an odd feeling. I usually feel so much more happy and encouraged post run.

This is me before my 2 mile shake out:


Just pure enthusiasm at the thought of running 24 hours post race. 

I did some thinking while I was running. Which was a pure run, just me and my Garmin (knowing I would only go a few yards an assume it was 2 miles). 
But yeah I did some thinking. I feel discouraged about yesterday and I'm wondering if I bit off more than I could chew with an Ultra. I also think about the timing of the Ultra which is in September which is the week P starts Kindergarten and we'd be away all weekend, and she'd have to be woken up at 4:00 am to take me to the race. It just seems like kind of a mess when I think about those logistics. My family is my team and my team needs looking out for too. 

The hubs tossed an idea out there, how about a half marathon? There is one local in September, it's actually the first 5k I ran, it has a 5k, 10k and half (certified) just 10 minutes away. It's a good thought. And right now I am in my training where I could restart it all. Or start another training plan. And be good for a half in 10 weeks.

These are things I need to think about. I just want to be happy/excited about running. Right now I don't feel like either. Sad I know.

I did a dip in the kiddie pool after my shake out run :


And after my shower/stretching /rolling I'm sporting my t-shirt from the race:


I have a little more thinking to do.... I'll keep everyone posted. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment