Friday, July 24, 2015

goals...what are they good for?

I have been reading a lot of other runners blogs lately and it seems like they all have goals. Which is awesome and inspiring, but I don't have any goals right now.

Well I guess my goal is to get back to the original enjoyment I once had with running.

I think I am getting there. Things are so much more laid back with my running and I'm finding I set mental goals for myself for every run. The 10 weeks that I trained for the Ultra were good and I'm super proud of myself but it was getting less and less enjoyable.

I'm currently running 4-5 days/week. Which is what I was running before too, but it's...different.

I am also trying to get my speed up. In ultra running they talk about running a slower more steady pace, do to the distance. So I averaged 11:30-12:00 min miles. Which believe me I was happy about. But now I am trying to push it more to 10:30-11:00 min miles. This week (since I've been more on the TM) I was running at 10:30 and then the last 0.5 miles I'd push it to 10:00 min miles. It was fun to increase the speed like that. And it was even cooler to see I could do it after 5+ miles, still having that little bit left.

I've noticed a difference hydration wise after adding (the appropriate amount, if I'd just read the bottle) of NUUN tablets. I am not feeling do dehydrated/or stricken by dehydration headaches.

I'm sure I'll figure out a goal soon. I'm just not sure what it will be...to be continued I suppose. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment