Tuesday, July 21, 2015

early bird gets...their sweat on!

This morning my alarm was set for 4:30 am. When I woke by our box fan in the living room falling over at 4:28 am. I figured I better just stay up. I tried to look at the silver lining which was...I didn't hear my alarm!

I wanted to get a run in this morning before work. I figured I could manage 4 miles which would still give me time to roll/stretch.

I was a total creepster in the gym parking lot. No one else there, just me and my lonesome for a good 10 minutes. Then like 4 cars pulled in:



My 4 miles went very well. There were people there to watch which makes my attention span a little bit longer:


I am really enjoying this running to run thing. I don't feel overwhelmed. I am making new plans for each of my workouts. I am also trying to do different things. I run when I want to, but I am trying to get 2 days of strength and only 1 rest day. 2 rest days might have been a little too much. I think I'd need it more if I was heavy into my training. But since things have changed I don't need to. 

I realized today (and I get disappointed when I have to realize something because someone else can't do it). I have a doctor I work for who was an advocate triathlete. Since having her son 8 months ago, her back has been giving her such trouble. All she wants is to swim or bike or even run again (running is her least favorite, swimming is her favorite, boggles my mind, but to each is own). She is going to have an MRI Thursday for them to see if she has narrowing in her lower disc spaces.  

I need to feel and be more grateful for what I have. I have a wonderful family, a very very special little girl and I am healthy. 

*Has anyone had a really bad injury it's taken months to work through?
-My ITBS last year was about an 8 months struggle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment