Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday funday, funday runday & pizza!

This morning I slept in. It was amazing!

I had my alarm set for 5:30 am and when it went off I turned it off and rolled over. I had a good reason, there is always a good reason at 5:30 am not to do something right?!

My reason was family time. Yep family time. We live in a house without an air conditioner. So as the temperatures soared to 92* F our house was hot! We put in our window unit but anyone that knows window units know it get mainly the room its in. We hauled our mattress from our bedroom and P and I slept on it while the hubs slept on the sofa. It was nice, and super comfortable!! I like sleeping next to my little girl. What can I say... it's a mama thing :)

After getting an extra 1.5 hours of sleep I made breakfast and then I felt antsy. Like I should get my butt a movin'!! I went to the gym by 9 am. I did some core work and 6 miles on the TM (in the air!!) On a side note I straightened my hair Saturday, so I wore it in a ponytail while I ran, by mile 4 it was drenched. If I hadn't been alone in the gym anyone in a few feet distance would have gotten a sprinkler effect from my ponytail!! So Gross. But I couldn't stop because stopping meant maybe not finishing. So when I was done it went into a sweaty bun:


Does anyone else think about things they will immediately take off once done working out? Or is it just me...? I think about taking my ipod off my arm the second I am done running. Today it was ipod off and getting my hair up! :)

Charlie cat can not get enough of her people when they return home: (I know it looks silly to have socks on over my compression socks but that's only because said cat's white hair is all over my house and I don't like the thought of walking around and it getting into the fibers of my very expensive socks!)



I then really wanted pizza, because the time I got home, rolled, showered had a snack, I was ready for lunch. But first I had to attend a birthday party for P's stuffed dog "Twinkle." Then I requested pizza.. in my life. We went to Uno's. They have a GF menu and they take GF items very seriously. I ordered the thin crust GF cheese pizza and a GF Cesar salad. (ie no croutons, and all the dressings there are GF). It's refreshing to eat out at a restaurant you know wont make you feel like crud!! 

P likes how kids can make their own pizza's: ("Twinkle" is out with us for a birthday lunch)


I then spent the rest of my afternoon like this & this:



I hope everyone had a really great and relaxing weekend! 

*What were your runs like? Any races/long runs?








No comments:

Post a Comment