Thursday, July 30, 2015

treadmill, rail trail and no hills.

I had lofting goals this morning. This was all after realizing I am not really pushing myself lately with running. Since I am not currently training I am not following a plan, so the night before I conjure up a plan in my head and try my best to execute it the next day.

It's kinda funny how I make these major plans on my rest days. Usually sitting cozy in a chair, not sore, not tired and fully hydrated. I really set myself up, LOL.

But seriously I need to make bigger goals for my daily runs, because well...I am capable!

This morning I thought 8 miles sounded pretty doable!

We are still sleeping out in the living room (the heat wave will be lifting my tomorrow) and I have the hardest time getting up when I sleep out there. I got up to the gym and began running by 5:20. (It's not as light out as it use to be. It looks light out more around 5:45 or so). So I began at the gym with the thought I would do 5 miles then hop off, drive to the day park and run the additional 3 miles (well 3.4 because of the route I had in my head).


I got into my car, ate (drank) and applesauce and arrived at the day park at 6:20.  But my knee really hurt! I decided I didn't want to get stranded so I modified my run to only an additional 2 miles post TM run. And if my knee was feeling okay, I could do 1 mile of hills. I'd be near my car too so I could get home for the hubs to get to work.: (love my sunrises!)


I didn't end up doing the hills, because my knee was barking!! My stride was off because of the pain. But I still am pretty proud of myself and my 7 miles:


Proof of additional mileage! : 7.12 miles, I averaged 11:45 on TM and 11:43 on the RT, total cals 975. (The hubs and I have a dinner date tonight, don't think I wasn't imagining Uno's GF pizza as I was running..because I was! LOL hey whatever motivation works, right!?


My weekend plan is as follows:
  • Friday-strength and cross training with cycling
  • Saturday- early morning walk, no running, I'd like to walk 5-6 miles
  • Sunday- long run on the RT (like I mentioned because I think I've been on the TM a little too much lately) 7-8 miles would be fabulous! 
Week round-up so far:
  • Monday- 3.5 miles
  • Tuesday strength w/ 5 miles
  • Wednesday- REST
  • Thursday- 7 miles
  • Tentative: Friday: strength/cross train
  • Tentative: Saturday walk 5-6 miles
  • Tentative: Sunday 8 miles
  • Tentative total w/o walk : 23.5 miles...not bad!
*What are some plans you have this weekend? Long runs/any races?! Do tell!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment