Tuesday, June 30, 2015

half way through my first ultra training schedule

Good morning!!:


I ran 4 miles this morning. it was a good run. It felt really good. My legs/soul/body needed it. 

I realized for the second time ( you'd think I'd learn after the first time ) that I need a "shake out run" the day after long runs. I always think no..I couldn't bare to run right now, but I think my recovery would be way better if I incorporate that run the next day. 

Post run I really wanted toast w 1 piece pb and 1 piece ab:


Then a delicious cup of coffee :) :


This week looks a little something like this..

Monday- rest
Tuesday- 4 miles
Wednesday- 6 miles
Thursday- strength 
Friday- 3 miles (TM because we are planning a hotel visit Thursday night and I want a light run with not much stress related ie finding a running course at an unfamiliar place)
Saturday- Volkslaufe which in German with means "The people's race" this is the 20 km race I'm running on the 4th of July :)
Sunday- shake out run 1-2 miles max
Total- 25.4 miles (before shake out )




No comments:

Post a Comment