Sunday, May 10, 2015

I was completely wrong.

I posted on May 4th that I ran in the rain and survived. I was completely wrong! That day was nothing compared to today's storm I was in! NOT even close!! That day it was sprinkling, drizzling even. Today it was sprinkling and then turned into a down pour by mile 2 ( I had 4 miles scheduled). I was like, oh this is running in the rain. On my turn around there was a head wind and still down pouring!


Post run pic, haha I look like a dear in the headlights! Like what the heck just happened :) I'm sopping wet! This was one for the books. I did declare, however, ( to myself while stretching at the car in an empty parkinglot) I ran that run LIKE A BOSS!! :) LOL

I was going over my training schedule and was trying to figure out how in the world I am going to pull this off. I mean once P is out of school (at the end of this month) I lose my morning running opportunity. Because once my mileage increase I don't think I'll be able to do more than 4 miles in the morning before I need to get back home so the hubs can get to work. 

I think I'll need to split my longer runs during the week into some at the gym (because I can get there and start by 5 am) then finish on the rail trail when the sunrises at 6:00 ish. The long runs on the weekends seem to be a bit of an issue. I'm just not sure how to handle it with my current work schedule. I work every other weekend, but don't have to leave home until 9:45 on Sunday's. So that gives me 3:00 hours ( 6-9) before I need to get ready for work. I'm going to have to get creative. But I'll figure it out :) Because like I said, I am in for this journey! All the way in. 

* anyone done marathon or distance training with suggestions to my up coming weekend long runs?

No comments:

Post a Comment