Monday, May 25, 2015

when running doesn't agree with my body

I've decided that Monday's are my days to branch out and try new routes. This morning I went to a local park that has recently done some up grading and added some trails. It was another hot and humid morning and I woke up feeling about 40% well. I should have stayed in bed to be totally honest. My cold moved to my sinuses, I had a terrible sinus headache plus I was hot all night and I don't know about you but being hot all night and then getting hotter during a run may be the worst thing. Ever. (in my opinion)

This was the new route. I took 2 additional pictures that didn't even show up on my phone because a) I have a very old smart phone b) my very old smart phone does not like when you quickly take pictures and then stuff it away in a pocket and c) its very old and angry. LOL

New route, pretty cute huh? Can trails be cute? I'll tell you what wasn't cute was stepping into very fresh goose poop! I saw it mid stride and totally stepped in it, and I then had to stop immediately to get it off my still semi new shoes, well even if they weren't I would have still stopped.

So my 4 miles was awful. I was struggling to say the least and to be totally honest for my health I should have called it a day. I was beyond over heated at the end, my face was the color of a tomato, no joke! If I was in my right mind I would have remembered to take a pic of that! I went home took off my shoes (just in case I missed some goose poop) told P to crank on the box fan in the living room, and proceeded to lay in front of it for 15 minutes. I was hot and SO nauseous! P brought me 3 glasses of water (I had drank a liter of water with a NUUN in it on the way home) that she got all by herself, she was beyond proud which made me smile. (She's the best!) Once I could function I did my foam rolling, and other stretched and then took a cold shower. 

It was a culmination of cold/sinus issues, heat/humidity (even though it was only 6:30 am) and already starting out being over heated from the night before. It was.....the perfect storm!

I've never been more excited for a rest day like I am for tomorrow's. :) I do love my 2 rest days during this training cycle! 

On a happier note, I've decided to run a 20 km on my week 10 (July 4th). On that week I am scheduled to run 12 miles so a 12.4 mile will do just fine :) LOL I say now sitting on my comfortable sofa with the windows open and the breeze blowing. Sure run 20 km that will be great....! It will be good training nutrition /water wise. We shall see!! (To Be Continued...)

Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all our present and past service men/women! 

No comments:

Post a Comment