Wednesday, May 27, 2015

you know it's humid/hot when I bust out the shorts

I did not want a repeat of Monday's awful and humidly torturous run. I actually contemplated just going to the gym and running the TM in the air. But I decided against it, because like I always say I don't know what September will bring and I need to prepare instead of just looking for an easy way out. I gotta figure out my body and what makes it feel the best.

I actually wore shorts! Ok so this is a big deal, because I don't sport shorts because I was blessed with very muscular thighs and my shorts ride up and make me feel self conscious. But I wore bike shorts and then running shorts over them and a tank top. I did my best, as you can see, to keep cool!

85% humidity makes me do crazy things :)

I felt pretty cute, and the hubs told me I did which made me smile. :)

The sunrise was gorgeous per usual:


And no tomato face :

Just a slight bright pink hugh.

Half of week 5 is done:
Monday: 4 miles (RT)
Tuesday: Rest aaawwwhhh!
Wednesday: 4 miles (RT)

I ran with my water bottle and a 1/2 NUUN tablet on it. I drank that while I ran my 4 and then drank a liter with a whole tablet in it. Can you tell I was doing everything to stay hydrated?! I think it worked, besides my legs being super heavy it was all and all a good run with a good mix of figure out some running issues.

Has anyone else every got over heated on a run? 
What do you do to prevent it from happening in the future?



No comments:

Post a Comment