Monday, May 11, 2015

second week of training complete

The second week of training is in the books! Hooray! I am feeling really good and proud and overall wonderful about this whole process. Last week consisted of the following:

Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: cross training and strength
Friday: 3 miles
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 4 miles
Total: 15 miles

I'm getting there!!

It's interesting to be in the beginning stages of training. I've never done a training schedule but I am very grateful for it. I was getting to a point where working out was getting boring and I was skipping a lot of them. I can talk myself out of a lot at 4:45 in morning. With the training I am getting an hour more of sleep which is a HUGE help! 5:45 doesn't seem as bearish by any means.

I am also seeing how training for anything whether it's a half, full or ultra you need a lot of help from a lot of people. I have plans to talk to my mother in law this week about watching P a little extra when I leave work so I can hit up the rail trail on the way home. I'm sure she'll be completely fine but I always like to explain myself.

It's hard as it is to be a mom, but a mom in training for an ultra, whew! ridiculous! ( the guilt alone is enough to make you wanna quit)

But it will be okay. The hubs and I were talking yesterday that this isn't how it's always going to be "this too shall pass." And we wont always be in training, and "we" means me and my family. Because well, they are my team, my support system, my all!

Good luck to all that are in training too!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment