Friday, May 29, 2015

new routes and a (big) hill

Thursday I made it up to the gym for some strength and cross training. Last week I missed do to feeling under the weather. Which I am always glad when I listen to my body and rest instead of pushing it.

Thursday gym adventure included:
200 crunches
50 squats
some arm free weights
leg pressing
donkey kicking ( not literally)
and the two other leg machines for your quads and hammies
Then 15 minutes on the elliptical backwards on 8% incline

*Side note* I've been a morning gym rat for 3 years now. It's always been me and two older guys at the gym those early mornings. New people would come and go but we always seemed to stay until I started this training and I only make it up there once a week (maybe twice if I'm in need of a TM ). I had some explaining to do in why I haven't been seen more. They understood and wished me well. LOL **

Friday was a schedules 3 mile run. I had it all figured out in my head about which route I would take. Until I got in my car to get there. I noticed the route I wanted was on a semi busy road ,even for 6 am, with barely any shoulder. Um No Thank you!

Plan B was going to a different RT entrance and kinda winging it. I also wanted to include hills. Or in my case with what I was working with on my route a hill. (I will tell you though this hill is huge, it's the local sledding hill in the winter). It's practically Mt. Everest.

My morning view:

Can you tell I can't get enough sunrise pictures. I just love them. 

The hill: 

Might not look like much, know that it is.

And I'm tossing this one in because I couldn't get over how nice my hair looked. This was actually Thursday before the gym. Why can't my hair look this nice when I have to go somewhere? Instead I'm going to sweat all in it. Waste.

Ps. sorry about the major bags I've got going on. 

All in all a good run. It was a total of 3.51 miles which is pretty cool in my book. I kinda just set out to run this morning which was incredibly nice and refreshing. The heat was manageable but I did wear shorts and a tank again. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

I have a 6 mile run planned for Sunday and I am working all weekend at our Urgent Care. 

Any fun plans?! 






No comments:

Post a Comment