Friday, May 15, 2015

stretching and rolling

With the training I have really been making sure I am stretching and foam rolling post runs. I think I am feeling a major difference. I also notice my legs are not as fatigued as they once where. I attribute that to my compression socks. I'd never worn them, but I am now truly grateful they are in my life and on my legs. I also wear them if I've run and then have to work that day. I am on my feet the entire time I am at work, so Wednesday after my 4 mile run, I popped my compression socks on and headed to work for a 9 hour day. Two of those hours I was standing pretty still in an orthopedic surgery. Not to mention the 70 min commute round trip. My legs felt great!

I apologize about the fuzzy pictures. I had P helping me. :)


I lean forward over my foam roller. Feels nice to stretch my quads.


Another view by P 


Foam rolling. Doesn't hurt like it use to, makes it nicer to do.


This I hold for 15 seconds each side.


And finally. This stretch for 15 seconds each leg. 

Stretching has made a world of difference. After this I do the resistance training.  I am still using phase 2. 

Training so far week 3 almost complete
Monday: 4 miles (RT)
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: 4 miles (TM)
Thursday: cross training/ strength training
Friday: 3 miles (TM)
Saturday: rest (pending)
Sunday: 5 miles (RT pending)

Enjoy the weekend!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment