Monday, May 18, 2015

week 4 begins in a hot fashion

So excited and proud to be beginning week 4 of my training!! Whoot Whoot :) Look at this mama go :)

Okay I'll calm down.

Saturday was a rest day and consisted of me working all day. Sunday I finished week 3 with a 5 mile run! It felt really good, body wise, but the weather was kinda terrible. It's been super hot in MI the last few days like 84 and 99% humidity. Ugh, so gross, so sticky.

I went for my run at 6:30 and it was SO foggy out. I was drenched in a combo or sweat and fog and misty rain. I was a mess! My eyelashes had  water droplets on them. Which was sorta bizarre to look through.  But on the plus side I go myself a new running partner...


This is a Nathan water bottle with hand strap. I put a half NUUN tablet in the bottle. It was a bit awkward at first. I had to really figure out how it was best for me to hold. But eventually I got it figured out and I was so glad I had it. Besides the humidity, I am usually a fish by nature. I drink liter upon liters of water daily. 

I didn't feel great after my run though. My body and legs felt wonderful, but my head. I could not get my head right and feeling good. I had a thumper of a head ache most of the day. This was after drinking 3 liters of water, and one of those had a whole NUUN tablet in it. I honestly didn't feel relief until after I drank a juice mixture I made earlier that morning of spinach and mango. 

I was worried that today was going to be the same because the weather has not budged.  I was out and about by 6:00 am. I had a 3 mile run scheduled. I took a different route which was 2 miles of sidewalk and 1 mile rail trail. It was nice to do something different. The route was very convenient. I've felt great though, nothing like yesterday, thank goodness!!

SMILE!! Much better :)

Week 3 training:
Monday 4 miles RT
Tuesday rest
Wednesday 4 miles TM
Thursday strength/cross training
Friday 3 miles TM
Saturday rest
Sunday 5 miles RT

As for week 4 I am hoping to get on the trails Friday for my scheduled 2 mile run. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment