Thursday, June 18, 2015

5 things per category

There are a couple things you might not know about me. I thought this would be a fun blog post:

General about me things:

  1. I was named Melissa because while my mom was pregnant there was a horrible plane crash and the only survivor was a 4 year old girl named Melissa. She figured the name would be good luck.
  2. I am terribly right handed. I always apologize at work when I have to use my left hand for anything. 
  3. I have very blue eyes that I got from my dad ( which P also has..yeah!) I got Best Eyes in high school too :)
  4. I have 5 tattoos. 
  5. I had a very difficult delivery for P. I was rushed to surgery and had to stay and in the hospital extra days to get blood transfusions. I don't honestly remember a whole lot from her first day. I almost didn't make it :( scary to think about. 
Relationship things:
  1. I have been with my hubs for... it will be 14 years in August
  2. We have been married for 6 years ( in April )
  3. We had a spring wedding because it's my favorite season (It was 72* and sunny on that April day..perfection!)
  4. We are both leaders and we both work really hard to maintain our power struggle. Which I might add we do an amazing job. 
  5. We both love being parents to our little girl. 
Mom things:
  1. A younger me didn't know if I'd ever want to be a parent. 
  2. P's middle name is my maiden name (can't believe the hubs agreed to that :) Win for me!
  3. We can't safely have any more kids do to what happened when I had P.
  4. As much as I adore my child, I still need "me" time ( i.e. running) and it took me a long time and a lot of frustration to figure that out.
  5. I worry constantly that I am messing her up.
Quirky things:
  1. I don't use the word "weird" to describe people. It's one of those words I hate and I was called it growing up and I think it's awful to make people feel bad because they might be different.
  2. I don't like wet feet, like dew on the grass and you walk on it. ewh.
  3. Which brings me to wet hair, I don't like wet hair on my back
  4. I don't like to blow dry my hair with the clothes I plan on wearing that day because I don't like when there are pieces of hair on the back or shoulders of my shirt. 
  5. I HATE my feet touched!! I have a birthmark on the bottom of my right foot and when I was younger my mom thought I stepped on something and tried to dig it out of my foot. Still remember that one!  
Working on things:
  1. Being kinder to myself. My body has done a lot for me, I should repay it be being kinder and seeing the beauty and strength in it. 
  2. Patience. Always.
  3. Finding my running groove. 
  4. Stressing less
  5. Playing more!
LOL just some fun stuff!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment