Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Week 8 1 day late

So usually I begin my running on Monday's. Well after Sunday's difficult 8 miles and then working I was tired and super sore! I needed sleep and rest. Although as I thought more about it I probably should have grinned and bared it on a run Monday to loosen up my legs. Because in no way shape or form did my legs (quads to be exact) feel anywhere near good after not doing anything all day. (By not doing anything I mean running I still entertained a 5 year old all day).

So this morning I set out for my 3 mile run. I was still sore but bucked up and headed out. I'm almost positive if you witnessed me running the first .25 miles of my morning run you would have thought I was imitating a newly born foal. Legs and arm were flying about as I was concentrating really hard on just putting 1 foot in front of the other.

 I started at 5:45, it was already so bright out!

Rail trail peace and quiet:

The pavement is wet from a big storm we had roll through last night/early morning which the air was still holding on to some major humidity...ugh. 

The view from the road:

Good morning sunrise :) My happy place. :)

The run overall was really good. Better than expected and much better then Sunday! 
When I got home I rolled my lower extremities for a long...long...long time. I rolled my usual spots and then my quads and then more of my ITB and then quads...I'm sure you get the picture. :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their week!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment