Saturday, June 27, 2015

an urgent care LVT the day before a long run

I've been a licensed veterinary technician (LVT) for 8 years. I've worked at my current hospital for 6 of those years. I have worked the weekend urgent care for 2 years. I started training for an ultra 10 weeks ago.

Weekend UC hrs are Saturday 9-6 and Sunday 11-6. I am on my feet (no matter if it's during the week or weekend) all day long. Sometimes this makes running long runs on Sundays before I head into work, more difficult. I only know because every other weekend when I run I can tell a difference. To clarify I work every other weekend at UC.

My usual eats when I'm at work consist of this: Salad of mixed spring greens and spinach w strawberries and raspberries, raspberry vinaigrette, cherry tomatoes, apple, luna protein bar, GF pretzels.

My second cup of coffee accompanies me for the 40 minute commute:

This is what an LVT looks like: LOL

I usually wear compression socks the day I've run a long distance, but this morning I am going to wear them as well to help with circulation and maybe prevent really tired legs tomorrow?! 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their weekend! 





No comments:

Post a Comment