Friday, June 19, 2015

Cross training my way and a trail run tossed in

I had a scheduled strength and cross training today up at the gym this morning. I had full intentions of doing said scheduled workout but after an awful nights sleep, I turned my alarm off and went back to sleep. This was only after I went to the sofa to sleep and laid down on cat vomit (TMI?) OH SO GROSS! But totally par for the course after the night I had LOL!

So I decided since I had to entertain P and try to get my cross training done we would be inventive so by 8:30 am we were on our way to the RT with my bike and her weehoo. ( a wee hoo is a child's bike that attaches to an adults where they can pedal or don't have to. Its great for families who go on long rides and don't have to worry about their kids petering out after mile 1).


We did 8 miles on the bike/weehoo which was pretty fun. We stopped once to itch her back but the rest of the ride was pretty smooth. 
Once we were done it was about 10:30 am so we went to tropical smoothie for a little post cycling fuel. Great excuse right? 

I appreciate whoever the person was that made my smoothie. I love their enthusiasm with the additional "smiley face." I too smile when I think about an Island green smoothie!  

Once we were home I did my grocery list for tomorrow, exciting I know. Then P and I played "hot lava" in the living room. i.e. and excuse to walk on everything but the floor. :) Then I got a text from my mother in law saying she'd watch P if I'd like to go out for a run. I usually do not like running in the afternoon, let alone on an afternoon that's already 80+* outside. But I took her up on it! 

I went to my prime/favorite trails. I pulled in, paid my $2.00 and then parked. I then noticed all the trails were roped off with caution tape. All the trails were flooded. awesome.

I then went to another park that has trails, this is a much more populated place, there is a pool, a day camp, and a pond ( this is where P and I fed the fish/ducks the other day). I really dreaded the time of day and amount of people I would be seeing because I knew I'd be the only runner. I then decided it was my only chance, I'm not getting out on the trails as much as someone running a 50 km trail race should and I should be grateful for the opportunity. I grinned and bared it basically. 


Sporting my Brooke's pure grit trail shoes, only the second time I've worn them. Jury's still out on my feelings for them.


Happy trail :) I'd already started to hyperventilate and I'm only 0.2 miles in. :( Boo humidity. 


So peaceful. Once I got away from ALL the people and kids there, it was nice to be on the trails. So I guess it was a good idea. A run is always a good idea...right?!


Not cool, figuratively and literally. (I'm sorry my dash is so dusty, please no judgement).


My little baby elephant on my necklace is drowning in my sweat....

I ended up doing just over 2 miles on the trails. ( like 2.68 ) I'm pretty happy with how I ended up getting my workout done today. It worked out well for me... I'm happy :)  








No comments:

Post a Comment