Sunday, June 7, 2015

7 mile morning!!

We are now home from our family vacation that lasted from Thursday-Sunday. We had a pretty nice time. It was a little chillier than we had expected or have had in the past. But all very manageable. It just meant more pool time and I know 1 little girl who was totally okay with that. :) Mama's happy when baby girls happy. Plus I found cashew brittle...ridiculous! it lasted two days which was difficult for my not to just sit and eat it all in one sitting!  (self control in full effect!)

Sunday= 7 mile run. 7 miles, which if you are keeping count is the longest run I've ever done in my running career!! I was excited, anxious and nervous all in one ball of emotion. 5:30 my alarm was scheduled but I was so excited that I woke up at 5:20. It also didn't help that a bunch a seagulls were going banana's outside our balcony!

I took my time and ate my Luna bar. Got myself ready and took the stairs and away I went. It was a perfect temperature outside! I was wearing a short sleeve top, capris and compression socks.

Morning brought this:
I can't get enough.

I didn't have much of a plan besides completing 7 miles before returning to the hotel room. I ran down the cobblestone sidewalk and along the pier where the above picture was taken. I dodge some seagulls and geese, who were not happy I was on their turf. 

*side note* I do not like birds..of any shape or size so when the geese started to chase and hiss at me I got scared and hot, you know that hot like when you are about to pass out and you feel the heat creep up you legs. Yeah that happened. 

Then it was along the water on the Mackinaw city historical pathway:
This was about the time I'm pretty sure I lost my room key. (I didn't know until after my run or I would have stressed along my whole run, thank goodness ignorance is bliss)

I then ran by the bridge and got one more shot:

At about mile 3 I had a side stitch. Usually I can run through them. This one was a bear and I needed to stop and walk. Which of course I saw another runner when I started walking which makes me self conscious like they are judging me. Anyway, I at my dried mango's as I walked and got my side stitch to go away. 

I did a could loops here and there. I ran the pier again and took a couple more pictures:

This was at a boat launch and I thought it was pretty all light up.

Mile 5 felt the best. Is that odd that it's so far from the beginning before I find a really good rhythm and overall goodness? I'm not sure. I did another loop and headed back to the hotel. I didn't even want to get close to the hotel until it was time to head back and finish up. No excuses to not get these 7 miles done! 

I was in fact...on a mission!!

My watch once the 7 was complete:
That is: 1.23:24/7.06 miles/ 11:49/mile/884 cals

This was my face post run. Proud and Elated (maybe a little shocked) I did it!!  


Post run was shower and foam rolling and oatmeal with a dollop of peanut butter...which is amazballs!!


P and the hubs went down to the continental breakfast I hung back (It's a special thing they do at hotels, their thing) So I ate my oatmeal and drank my water to re-hydrate. 

We then concluded our morning with a last trip to the pool, which I welcomed. I thought that might be nice for my legs. We did about a 20 minute swim and then 10 minute hot tub. Felt pretty nice. I wore my compression socks (clean ones of course) for the ride home. The car ride it 3+ hours and I thought that would be a nice addition to my comfy sitting in the car clothes. 

My feet sorta hurt.. hopefully this isn't too much TMI but I had a toenail rubbing funny. So I did a little at home pedi and P painted my toes for me. Mine look just like her's! 

Cute right?!?! :) 

I hope every one had a great and wonderful weekend! 

Week 6 over view:
Monday: 4 miles RT/road
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 4 miles RT/road
Thursday: strength and cross training (cycling)
Friday: 3 mile (Mackinaw)
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 7 miles (Mackinaw)
Total: 18 miles 

*Did anyone have a race this weekend? If so when/where?










No comments:

Post a Comment