Thursday, June 4, 2015

snacks for 4 days

We are heading on a family trip in a few days and I am really, really, really looking forward to it! We are heading up to Mackinaw City and Mackinaw Island. If the hubs has it his way, we'll be seeing some of the U.P. as well.

As someone who only recently discovered my overwhelming amount of food allergies this is my first time packing to go away. (We don't go away too often). My food allergies have been a cause of frustration in the past too when I am out of my home element. I get annoyed easily that I can't eat like everyone else, and then I just give in and I pay for it. Big Time!

I refuse to give in this time. I am prepared and I am not going to just eat something to put it into my body and fill my stomach. It isn't worth it anymore because:

1) we don't get a ton of family time and I'm not going to be laid up because of something I self inflicted and well... knew better!
2) I am training and while we are gone I will be running my longest run to date,  7 miles!!! (ahhh!!)
3) I deserve better, my body deserves better, It's done a lot for me and I need to treat it right.
4) I should appreciate my differences, as annoying and hard as they are. It makes me me.
5) I wont let myself make bad decisions because I'll bring good choices to make it easier. (i.e. no hangry eating)

I've packed healthy snacks that the whole family will enjoy. There are no meals, beside oatmeal for breakfast but that is just for me. P and the hubs love a good continental breakfast. So I've included:

  • oatmeal
  • fruit: raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, bananas, apples
  • dried fruit: mango's ( for my long run)
  • raisins
  • Luna bars, Anne's berry bars for P, and Cascade chocolate chip bars for the hubs
  • peanut butter, just cause
  • cheerios (for P)
  • skinny pop popcorn
  • trail mix (for hubs) I can't eat it because of the m & m's and where it's manufactured
  • pistachio's
  • & cherry tomato's ( for only me. No one else likes tomato's... ridiculous!) 
I knows it's over kill but I think I need it. I need to feel secure about my snacking. :)

I'm looking forward to this vacation. I am looking forward to family time. I am looking forward to new running scenery.  

Where do you vacation? Do you run when you are there?

No comments:

Post a Comment