Sunday, June 14, 2015

pruney fingers and 8 miles

The ending of week 7 is upon us and it's calling for a big finish....with an  8 mile ending!

I checked the weather forecast before bed and it said it would be 66*F and cloudy. Okay.. I'll take it. I haven't seen a sunrise in a few runs but I would live without one more.

They didn't call for rain. And lots of it. Ugh.

I wore my black running skirt ( which I am growing quit fond of especially after today's mess of rain) and my new champion tank top which was a long tank top and I must say I did not adjust one piece of clothing while I was out for my run this morning. This is such a nice thing. You don't think about how annoying it is until you finally have an outfit on that doesn't need to be constantly fiddled with.

I had to get creative with my 8 miles today. I did road and RT. In the midst of a pretty good rain....

Mid-run break was dried mangoes:

My look mid-run. I can't believe I'm only half done:

I had to change up my run at about mile 5 because the weather was getting so poor I worried about running on a semi-busy road. I was concerned about drivers visibility. So I took back roads, which were nice because of less traffic but the road was so uneven it kinda made my right ankle sore.

I literally ran 8.0 miles. No more. No less. 

This was a bad run. Not my best. Was it the weather? Was it working all day Saturday? I really don't know. All I know is after my 7 mile run last week I felt like I could have ran more. Today if someone would have offered me a ride I would have taken it. (not really I don't ride w/ strangers).

My hair post-run:

This is just fabulous. 

When I got home I took my clothes off and I could have literally rung them out. I was soaked from head (see above) to toes. My poor shoes and compression socks were sloshy. My fingers were pruney and my feet hurt. I took a shower, drank more water and tart cherry juice (read that was good post runs).  Ate a banana, bagel with pb and ab. I did my stretching and foam rolling all before I ate. I got ready for work and enjoyed my cup of coffee on the way. 

My garmin read this:

My vivofit read this:

I then worked 7.5 hours and did a 1.5 round trip commute. I am needless to say...Tired.
My vivofit read something like 23,000+ after work. No wonder I'm tired. :)

I hope everyone had a Wonderful weekend!! 

I welcome week 8 and hope to improve on my strength and recovery. 

Week 7 :
Monday: 4 miles RT
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 5 miles TM
Thursday: Strength at gym
Friday: 3 miles TM
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 8 miles RT/Road
Total: 20 miles









No comments:

Post a Comment