Sunday, June 21, 2015

pink skies and crisp air

With Sunday being Father's Day I wanted to get my long run done Saturday just in case a last minute golf outing was scheduled and I would be left in the lurch.

So Saturday I got up at 5:25 am and got ready, ate my Luna bar and headed out. I had a pretty good idea where I'd go to make up the 6 miles, but I figured it would all work it's self out. Kinda a nice thing about running, if you need more miles, you just keep running. :)

Hello Gorgeous!:

And this one: (I didn't take any picture while I ran because...well... I just wanted to get done.):

I ran this 6 miles with no music. Which I believe I've ran all my runs this week without music. That's totally a first for me. I did 4+ miles on the road/RT and then back into the park where my car was and did some running on the trails and hills. It was interesting to do the hills after 5 miles because I could really feel it in my hips. Like my body was use to only moving one way and I changed it up, it was like hello we are going up now! 

Post run happy face:

I didn't stop while I was running to eat my mango, I was definitely on a mission. So I ate these on my quick drive home:

I got home and stretched/rolled. No one was up yet which was kinda nice. :) LOL Then I took a shower and made myself some breakfast:

Oatmeal with a dollop of peanut butter (yum!) blueberries and cherries (double yum!)

And this of course after breakfast, not the whole pot though (I'll share some with the hubs):


I hope everyone has wonderful weekend!! :) 

Week 8 round up:
Monday-Rest
Tuesday-4 miles
Wednesday- 3 miles
Thursday- cycling and trail run 2+ miles
Friday- 2 miles
Saturday- 6 miles
Sunday- Rest
Total--15 miles






No comments:

Post a Comment