Friday, June 5, 2015

from sunrise to sunset

I haven't been on a vacation and been a runner at the same time. Scratch that...last year I was on vacation and I was an injured runner. NO FUN.

This morning was a 3 mile run. I was super excited to run. You know I always remind myself that when someone is genuinely excited about something you know they are doing the right thing. I was genuinely excited for my run. It was a new place, Thursday the hubs, P and I cruised around just so I could get my barrings and know exactly where I should be heading. (I ran 3.38 miles)

All I knew was I wanted to see the lake and the mighty Mac at sunrise! And it's just what I did :) Minus the sun, it was a little to foggy for that.
It was a little hazy and humid but pretty great!

We ventured the Mackinaw Island and when we were off riding bikes around the island we took a couple detours. I saw this gem of a trail and wished I had my running shoes on. It looked very inviting! 

Some more beautiful scenic spots:

Arch rock

Our bike trip. Well the hubs and P at least:


Water baby:

This pink and purple ending to a wonderful day:

Have a wonderful weekend!! 

*Do you run on vacations?








No comments:

Post a Comment